Your roof is the single biggest layer of protection your home has. But often, it is the last thing people think about when it comes to ensuring their home is in good working condition. You wouldn’t drive a car for ten years and never once change the oil, right? The roof on your home is similar in that it needs regular maintenance and checks to spot potential problems, especially here in Texas, when the weather can change in an instant.
Unfortunately, years of severe weather can take a toll on your home’s roof. What’s worse is that damage can’t be seen from the ground – leading you to believe everything is fine only to have leaks and costly problems show up once it rains.
Why Get a Roof Inspection?
If your roof is ten years or older, chances are your home has had its fair share of storms. That could mean your roof is damaged, even if you do not see a roof leak yet. The best thing you can do to protect your home is to get an inspection before the next major storm. Here are a few reasons why:
- Your roof is a system of several components that work together to keep your home watertight and protected. If one or more of the parts is damaged, it puts the whole system at risk. What may be an easy repair now could turn into needing a brand new roof due to one or more components failing in the next storm.
- The summer humidity can create the perfect environment for mold growth in your attic, especially if there are active roof leaks. Because most people don’t spend time in their attic (or on their roof), the damage goes undetected for years. Regular inspections spot these problems early and prevent costly repairs.
- Insurance companies have a particular way of doing things, and since many homeowners have never had to file a claim, what they require of you can come as a surprise. For example, many insurance companies require that you perform (and document) routine inspections to catch problems early. Waiting too long to fix a problem could cause issues later. That’s why we provide documentation with every roof inspection we complete. Even if your roof is perfect, you’ll want to hang onto this report as proof of your roof’s condition when the inspection was done.
Signs You Need a Roof Inspection ASAP
Not all roof problems are apparent, but there are some warning signs to watch out for. If any of these apply to you, we suggest you get a professional roof inspection to find and fix any problems before they become massive repairs.
- If your home was hit with severe storms this year
- If your roof is missing shingles
- If your neighbors are getting a new roof or have had their roof replaced in the last 12 months
- If your roof is ten years or older
- If you have not had a professional roof inspection within the last five years
Protect Your Roof, Protect Your Home
Just like you go to the doctor once a year for a check-up, your roof needs regular maintenance, and a professional inspection is the best way to do that. Keeping your roof in tip-top shape does more than give you peace of mind – it ensures the entire system is intact and can withstand the next major storm. Plus, preventing small problems from becoming huge issues can save you a ton of money in the long run.
To help, we’ve made our roof inspection process fast, easy, and free. Our inspections typically take place within 24 hours of your request, and all include a comprehensive report of any findings. If you are ready to ensure the safety and security of your roof and home, request yours today by calling 972-782-5489 or use our online contact form to get in touch with us!
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook for more tips and information on the best ways to take care of your home!
Subscribe to Renown Roofing & Construction's BlogGet Renown Roofing & Construction's latest articles straight to your inbox. Enter your name and email address below.
Let's Get You a Free Quote
Harness the Power of the Sun: The Benefits of Solar Roofing for Dallas Residents
Emergency Roof Repairs: How to Handle Storm Damage and Leaks
Protect Your Home From Freezing Temperatures!
How Foundation Problems Can Cause Roof Damage
Save $$$ on Your Energy Bill! Why Blown-in Attic Insulation Is the Best Option for Your Home.